Monday, August 24, 2026

ON BEING 55...SOBERLY JOYOUS AND FREE

Today, August 24, 2026, is my 55th anniversary with and within an Always Available spiritual fellowship that, with the God of my understanding, has made me its own.

I am happy, joyous and free today...even when, not if...my ego is riding herd.

The gift of freedom is that I know my ego can and will drive me...ah, but no longer whenever it wants, but only when I am taken up by self. Thanks to my Always Available friends and the God of my understanding isn't that often today and is short-term. 

Self, ever with us, no longer leads the way, often is the last in line.

Self no longer has a chance at ruining my today...an hour or two, maybe, but not my day.  I live by grace and by God, and I am oh so grateful that I know that, and It shows.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment