Saturday, September 12, 2026

WE GO TO GOD FOR GOD...GRATEFULLY

I need to keep in the forefront of my mind: I go to God for God and that is all...for that is all.

It seems I've written that every day recently, and I may have, but nothing, or no words, seem more important to me right now than I go to God for God and that is all...for that is all.

The pullback in endless repetition of important thoughts is often they become just  words.

I think of The Lord's Prayer and how we learned that almost before we learned how to spell our own name.  But having said it, it was forgotten till the next time...morning, evening, whenever.

Too often I forget my intent is to make those words...I go to God for God and that is all...for that is all...my goal for the day...daily. Ah, but have I ever? Have I ever achieved that? No...or not nearly enough.

At this stage of my life...old, and I know that for good...I seldom get in a mental boondoggle with my thoughts, feelings, doings. 

Acceptance! Glory hallelujah, I've achieved acceptance. No, truth to tell, God has gifted me, and I am grateful.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment